Vrideo Website

How can we improve Vrideo's website?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Show the 'Hello World' example (how to execute the most simple VR video, upload and share via VRIDEO). Just like programmers!

Just like there is the 'Hello World' example for every programming language you want to learn, provide a tutorial with example for the VRODEO audience (and the majority of VR creator newbies in the World).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Let the video run inside an android webview

I get this error when I try to run Vrideo inside a webview on Android. It's a huge shame, I wanted to make a fully VR Vrideo browser.

[GroupMarkerNotSet(crbug.com/242999)!:547C71D7]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Switching L/R For Side by Side Stereo Viewing

For stereoscopic viewers allow switching side by side left and right and a note on the video which format the original is showing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix play button twice for embedded videos on mobile devices????

I am getting complaints from clients that they need to press the play button twice on videos embedded on my website when viewed from a mobile device. After hitting the play button and waiting for the buffer symbol, the scene is black and nothing happens until you press the play button again. I tested this on Android.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Privacy settings

Adding the option to restrict the video to a specific domain - mainly for monetization / content subscribers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pictographics for video type and orientation

I'm "in the industry" and even I'm confused by the video upload settings that describe the method by which the videos are meant to be displayed and consumed. It took me quite a few tries to discover that playing a "laying down" dome video required me to enter a yaw of 90.

Can you please use illustrations, for example?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Branding please (Banners)

I'd love to be able to have a customized banner to help "brand" my work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let us move our videos between channels

Since I have a lot of interests to match my assortment of channels, I sometimes forget to be in the right channel when I upload. Please make it so I can easily change which channel my videos are in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. General/Mature/Adult Filter

When I'm showing off your site to friends and colleagues in the VR industry, I'm often quite embarrassed by the videos that pop up in the front page view. Also, I'm a bit concerned that mature content may bother other people as well. I want my wife to feel welcome here.

Could you ask that people self-police their videos by marking them General/Matural/Adult and then allowing viewers to filter on that?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Last week there was a channel, VixenVR that uploaded multiple videos of bikini models that got disproportional views, and hence, became truly trending and dominated much of our home page. This has been addressed, and balance to the force has been restored. We have added tools to prevent something like this from happening again. However, the Mature/Adult filter is a good idea. We are thinking about potentially doing a toggle like Google image’s “Safe Search”. Would that be along the lines of what you are thinking?

10. Password protection for videos

Option for unlisted files to have password protection as an additional security measure.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Customization of Embeds

Allow users to have control over the look of the player (refer to Steve Spangaro's email).

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. It's posible add subtitle?

If we have little films, to upload, it's possible add subtitle?

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Theater options for fulldome

When I upload fulldome content, I'd like to have the option to toggle a texture of seats, or an image I can upload to fill the negative space on the video manager.

See this as an example http://www.vrideo.com/watch/bhUYQKaG

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Subscription on homepage

It would be great to see my subscription feed represented on the homepage when I log in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom Playlists

As I upload more and more videos I want to be able to profile my best content either by rearranging the order of videos or creating a custom playlist, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Batch Upload

Do you have a Batch Upload feature?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Advanced Settings

Advanced settings for uploads (like setting FOV in addition to setting default viewing direction).

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Social media push after upload

Social media icons on pop-up screen after a video is published (look at the last step before uploading an Instagram from your phone as an example)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Cleaner presentation of Watch Page instructions

The sidebar portion of video window (mouse and headset instructions) before the video plays is too wordy and cluttered. See attached file for preferred example. Reference Hammerhead VR email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort option for Downloadable content

Sort option for content that is downloadable vs streaming only

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?