This article covers troubleshooting your virtual reality headset setup on Vrideo. If you haven't yet tried to set up your virtual reality headset for Vrideo, please instead see this article.
Having problems watching videos from Vrideo on your Oculus Rift DK1 or Oculus Rift DK2? The Oculus Rift developer kits are just that, "developer" kits, and their drivers are very much works in progress. Additionally, Vrideo leverages WebVR, which is an evolving standard. As such, sometimes a little "fiddling" gets things working when you're running into issues. Specifically, we recommend giving the following steps a try:
- Double-check that everything is plugged in properly and that the headset is turned on.
- Double-check that you're using a WebVR enabled version of Chrome or Firefox.
- After plugging in your headset, a restart of your browser is required. Sometimes an additional refresh or two of the browser will get the headset's sensors working.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Oculus Rift runtime installed. To do this, open the OculusConfigUtil application utility and check the version by clicking "About OculusConfigUtil". If you're using the WebVR enabled version of Chrome, double-check that the version of your Chrome build matches the version of the Oculus Rift runtime installed. If you're using the WebVR enabled version of Firefox, double-check that you're using the latest version of the Oculus Rift runtime, since that's the only version supported by Firefox.
- Try opening and running the demo scene included with the Oculus Rift runtime. To do this, open the OculusConfigUtil application utility and click "Show Demo Scene". If tracking doesn’t work in this demo scene, then there is likely an issue with the Oculus Rift runtime, in which case we recommend checking Oculus VR Forums for troubleshooting.
- Try opening the WebVR Test page or accessing demos on MozVR. If tracking doesn't work in these places, then the issue at hand is likely external to Vrideo, in which case you should double-check that you've set up your headset correctly. If using the WebVR enabled version of Firefox, make sure you've followed their setup instructions.
If you've tried all of the above and are still having problems watching videos from Vrideo on your Oculus Rift DK1 or Oculus Rift DK2, you can contact us for support at email@example.com.